Monday, September 21, 2009

A little gift

I got a little gift today. I got to sing today, sing with harmonies, and blend my voice with a friend.

In the past few months with my family moved away in another state, one of many things thing I have missed is getting to sing together on Sunday mornings in worship. There is something about biology and the way the blending voices of sisters and mom, well…it’s just magical. I’ve missed that. I love my husband, but he isn’t a singer, he will tell you himself. So his quiet worship isn’t one to harmonize to. I love being able to hear my sisters strong alto and my mom able to fill in the missing part and together harmonizing in worship is a little bit of heaven to me. I’ve missed it so much. It’s been so hard during song service standing there, I can almost here their echo of sound, and my eyes well up with tears as I miss them I can barely sing a note.

I had that little gift today in the fact; that during worship in Chapel at work. A co-worker, who has been apart of my life for a long time years before in a youth choir and someone I’ve thought of as a sister…got to sing with me today. To some it might seem so silly, so unimportant but it meant the world to me, a little taste of home. We sang later on a couple of songs together from choir days and it brought tears to my eyes that savor of beautiful music, that piece of heart from home. It was simply an amazing gift I will cherish.

No comments: