Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Home.

Home. Only in Colorado can you be running the air conditioner one day and the very next day… turn on the heater. Winter is almost here without autumn making a full appearance. I’ve been making my lists to prepare for winter, from the yard, to getting ready for snow storms with an extra store of food. Out come the fuzzy sweaters, warm socks and big blankets, away with the shorts, tank tops, and flip flops. Evenings are spent inside, as it gets darker, good movies turned on and little projects brought out to work on. Poor Kyle has to do homework while I get to work on my scrapbooking and catching up on years past. I love autumn, even the brief little window we have to see it whisk by, I love the start of traditions the kick off into harvest parties, then thanksgiving to Christmas! The old saying, Home is where the heart is, and I do believe that is where my heart has found home, home with Kyle, enjoying life together, and spending our evenings at home.

No comments: