Monday, February 22, 2010

A Surrogate Life

I saw the movie Surrogates, this week, and found it to be an interesting, if slightly odd film. It did make me think though.
What if we could, live life out as a surrogate?
Where we see the world, can do almost anything, look the way we want, prevent ourselves from harm, take more risks, and live extreme lifestyles, where if you were to jump off a building you wouldn’t get hurt. Anything is possible. Would you?

What if we could live a life without pain? Temping in more then a few ways, right?
Think about it…a life without pain, tears, sorrow?
Fully protected from life’s ugliness, the sorrow of loss, or physical pain, it’s so very temping.
But…
It comes with a high cost, it would be a life void of human touch, true touch, personal contact. Void of the emotions of pain, yes, but with that its counterpart, joy and love.

As much as my own heart hurts, and the sting of death still burning, I wouldn’t want a life where I couldn’t love, experience joys again, the arms of my husband or the wind on my face. Though all the sorrow that has occurred in life, it does give those who have lost deeply all the more unfathomable gratitude to cherish the time you have, hold on to the ones you love, and hope. For life we have hope for something better, dreams for something more, and faith that God will bring us through that pain, to experience His everlasting hope, joy, and love.

2 comments:

Annjeri said...

Apo, I couldn't agree more. Thanks for sharing. Love you.

hisartistaj said...

Love you too! I've been contemplating all this too, realizing it won't be until heaven, where there won't be anymore grief, pain, or tears...but joy, and love. A reminder yet again to be eternally minded.