Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wait for Love

So yesterday I was researching information about getting published, (I have a few book ideas, some more hashed out then others) from the library I got the Sally Stuart book for Christian book publishing and WOW! I’m not sure I understand even a quarter of it all. Time to do some studying… Anyway, it lead me to a blog about some more recent information, which lead me to a site that was publishing possible poems…so I thought…so late last night after hubby left I went through some old writings to dig out a poem I had done for a school assignment. Well, I read part of it wrong… it’s an online service to be another go between helping in writing query letters, and getting an agent and submissions to the publishing companies…and to submit a poem, it would a minimum of 10 poems…which I didn’t have…so I couldn’t submit the one if I wanted too….so all that to say, that is why I decided to post this poem today….

Wait for Love


Evening came and I walked on, as softly my tears fell,
Your alright, you can move on, my head began to tell.
He didn’t really love you; he wasn’t what you needed,
My heart filled with hope, as I gave into my thoughts and I conceded.
I stopped sat and watched; then my young heart gave a sigh,
As an older couple, deep in love, holding hands walked on by.
Their smiles bright and their white hair sparkles resembling their eyes,
With light steps, they were still full of youth, and yet now so wise.

They are kindred hearts, and are the best of friends,
This elderly couple emanates love trends.
They still tenderly gaze at one another with care,
Even though the wrinkles now have come to share.
They survived the trials, lean times and the fights,
Realizing they needed to hold on with all of their might.
Hurt, pain, good times and bad were experienced through the years,
But they had one another to support through those times of tears.

He led out under the tree, held her waist with a gnarled hand,
She laughed and caressed his face gently as they stand.
There really is no music or symphony, but they can hear the sound,
Holding each other they gently swayed amid the leaves that fall to the ground.
They could never remember who was right or who was wrong,
But they remember wonderful memories as the radio played their song.
Their silvery laughter rang out, and reached my ears,
Causing my heart to warm and calming of all my fears.

Their life showed that no matter the cost and the hurt that’s come,
They will always know where their support is from.
I will wait, as I pray for the future and the man I will marry,
I promise my love to the man, whose heart I will carry.
The couple stopped dancing, kissed, and then gave me a smile,
They began to walk on, reached for one another’s hands, holding on for the next mile.
I realized then that trials will fade, forgotten as certain memories will too,
But those words whispered from your beloved will never disappear, I love you.

1 comment:

Annjeri said...

That was beautiful my friend. I so love that picture too. Love you bunches.